Membership of the Association was initially determined by attendance at the Preoperative Association First National Conference. Day delegates were entitled to six month's free membership while two-day delegates were entitled to a years free membership.
Currently there are 323 members of the Association including Anaesthetists, Nurses, Pharmacists, and others. Membership is open to all people with an interest in furthering the aims of the Preoperative Association. All membership applications are subject to approval by the office of the Membership Secretary.
Benefits of Membership
- Reduced course fees for members
- Newsletters, straight to your inbox
- Opportunity to apply for departmental development grants, research grants and audit grants
- Opportunity to influence national guidelines, frameworks, training, competencies and agendas
- The Preoperative Association will provide Modernisation Agency Associates with the opportunities to fulfil their contractual obligations completely, or in part
- Opportunity to improve coordination of primary and secondary care (agreed protocols for the clinic hypertensive, diabetes, patients on Warfarin etc)
- Opportunity to forge closer links between booking and assessment, between admission and discharge arrangements